Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quirky Places

 Hello friends,
I thought today I would mention the strange things that make me smile in Tucson.  This weekend, of course, is the 4th Avenue Street Fair and with it comes the artistic crowd.  I'll admit that I was a bit lazy with the camera today and just took shots...nothing artsy except what you see in the photos.  Normally I go to just people watch and look for any new ideas for the garden.  I try to stay away from the greasy fried food and today I succeeded.  When I left the fair today, I found several items interesting......which relate to the places that living things call home.   
 During this time of year, as I imagine it is for many of us, money is tight.  BUT ideas are free. There really isn't anything exceptional about the fair other than it's a great way to get outside and enjoy the weather and celebrate our Tucson community.  I did notice this year that some vendors prohibited people from taking pictures of their art.  However I did find a gracious man who said it was okay for me to take a couple pictures.  I understand how artists feel about pictures being taken of their work, but I didn't realize how many people took pictures without asking permission.  He was a really nice guy and if you have some money, these bird houses are fantastic!  I absolutely loved his work and I have to say that it was my favorite stand this year for the garden.  He'll be there on Sunday so keep your eyes open for colorful bird houses.
 On the way back to our car off a side street, I noticed this odd looking train.  It's a functional home!!!  And I thought, "I'd love to live in a place like this."  I know it's small, but it's really cool.  Whomever came up with this idea, did a great job making it come alive.  It was really cool.  I'm not sure if it's a guest house or an actual home.
 There you have it.  Quirky places make me smile.  I especially love those windows.  Do you have quirky homes in your neighborhood that you'd love to visit?  Or possibly live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!