Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Curve Billed Thrasher

 Lately, I've noticed this little guy around my bird feeder. 
 The Thrasher makes me smile when I see it.  It's a pretty tough bird and quite fearless.  Today was an active one in the garden as several hummers were chasing each other around the yard and a finch perched in our crape myrtle.
 It's been a pure joy for me to leave birdseed out because it really attracts our local feathered friends to come and visit.  There will be at times 30-40 birds hanging around at one time waiting to take their turns at the feeder.
 This quite common Thrasher likes to hang out on our San Pedro Cactus or digging around on the ground.  More tomorrow friends.....

1 comment:

  1. Curve-bill Thrashers are really prolific at our house right now! In fact, on all but the colder evenings, they can be heard under a tree, digging out bugs, mesquite beans, etc. I love their distinct sound!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!