Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Those Grey Hairs"


New growth springs from the burned growth.......

....like a random grey hair......

....that just won't go away.......
....to remind us.......
.....that life is change.  Today's post is dedicated to my friend Keith who died several nights ago in his sleep.  My heart is saddened by the news and I'm going to miss him.  My thoughts go out to his family and partner Steve who are all obviously in shock right now.  He was so young and his death was unexpected.  I'm going to miss his witty humor, best grey(silver) hair and smile that was always present at our get togethers during Thankgiving and other events.  You will be missed dear friend. Like this post, change happens for all of us and it redefines how we look and feel about life. It is one of the most difficult things we face living this life.   You won't be forgotten my friend. 

4 comments:

  1. Good tie-in, with friend's loss, stray gray hairs and the life cycle of a natural forest or other area. I see those three things so often! Humbling, yet comforting in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we get older, we see it more....weddings become replaced with funerals. His is tomorrow. They moved to Tucson from Green Bay what seems like just yesterday although it's been several years. He was way too young. I worry about his partner because they were very much in sync with one another. I'm still in shock. I'm having dinner with a friend tonight to just talk it out. This post was scheduled several months ago and it's just weird how this all happened together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

    But on a different note, I have so many gray hairs they long ceased to be random! But I still think of myself the way I was about 40 years ago. Until I look in the mirror, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your loss, i pray for peace to you and your friends family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!