Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Once in a Blue Moon"


Here is a series of artsy shots I snapped from a recent trip to Madera canyon.  The theme is "Once in a Blue Moon".
We had gone on a little hike.  My brother and his wife came for a visit.  As we hiked down the trail, I noticed the moon over the canyon.
It was very relaxing and cool.  A little mouse ran around the parking lot area.

Leaves rustled in the background as a nice cool breeze moved through the area.

It's amazing how you can go to the same place and always see something different.

We watched the moon crossing the twilight sky.

When opportunities present themselves......
This shot was taken by my sister-in-law.  If you look closely, you'll see a hawk flying.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I saw the flying hawk. I also see a clear moon. Now I am trying to look for Jade Rabbit on the moon as believed in our folklore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice capture - gotta love dark blue southwestern skies that show off the moon even in daylight! Weird, but it looks autumnal...maybe the light or the color of the rock formations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful description and super photos. I can never get the moon because of my tremor. Dang! I can just see that little mouse running around. How peaceful it must have been. And yes I see the hawk....cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots - the moon looks so big! I agree, it is amazing to visit the same place repeatedly and have very different experiences/sightings each time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you took advantage of this opportunity! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!