Thursday, October 28, 2010

Predators



Sometimes you think it's not possible in the desert or it's something out of the ordinary....but yet there it is..... a random critter that lives in your garden.  While I was watering, a praying mantis flew out of the plants.  I think these bugs are really cool and they almost seem catlike in nature. 

Speaking of cats, a lizard ran into our home the other night and I wished it luck as the 5 cats began their hunt.  I tried to save it but the little guy would have none of it.


6 comments:

  1. And I take it the lizard is no more? Love your PM photos - they can allusive to the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a tribe of geckos who lived around the home I just sold. Occasionally one would get in the house and I would pay a neighbor kid to come get it for me. I don't like lizards. I once had a cat but she only ate gourmet stuff and I guess geckos didn't qualify!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I bet the lizard and cats was a spectacle to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see the predators out and about. I depend on them totally since I don't use poisons. It's amazing when you think about it. We probably have more in our gardens than we can count.
    Poor lizard, but you DID try to help.
    I have 2 cats and the same would happen here.
    Happy Cool Fall Gardening.
    David/ Tropical Texana/ Houston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most cats in my street are of the stray/feral kind.

    They made possible that less birds drop by, have eliminated the few endemic iguanas that used to visit, and probably caused my scary skin disease mentioned earlier, in the soil next door.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our cats are really good hunters and when there are grasshoppers or anything that happen to come at night, the 2 kids hurriedly get them out, for the cats will get them. When my nephew was still younger than 6yrs, he used to cry when his cat eats some insect, he pities the insects that much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!