Monday, August 16, 2010

Tucson during Monsoon

I am not worthy of these photos. Tonight I am waiting for a huge storm to come so that I can see if the window will leak after we just sealed it up.  So passing the time, I went to our local TV website to see where the storms are and on http://www.kvoa.com/ under the weather link,  I discovered their gallery of great Tucson pics that capture why people live in Arizona.  Enjoy!! Again I did not take these pics, but this is a taste of what you'll see here if you keep your eyes open during monsoon:)  The photographers are credited on the gallery listings of KVOA. Here's a snapshot from local people beyond my own work.

8 comments:

  1. Hi!

    That picture of the hummingbird is a good one. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I hope it is not often that you see lightning at your place. They are dangerous.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During this time of year lightening is dangerous. So I always admire people who go out and snap pics of this stuff because I surely wouldn't do it. Last night, we had A LOT of these lightening strikes. They snap trees in half....about 2 dozen were killed in Oro Valley last night according to the local news station. It's a fun time of year for most however because of all the crazy things that happen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should clarify...when I say 2 dozen were killed, I meant to say two dozen trees:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow owlets....and so many of them too ! adorable.

    btw is it a good time to visit Tucson in October ? May plan a detour there ....well a long detour from up north.

    ReplyDelete
  5. October is a great time. It's still warm, but cools off at night. I would say mid October thru November are perfection here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. btw, besides Aridland, are there any other interesting nurseries there for succulents and tropicals ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great place to go for succulents and tropicals is at my personal favorite Mesquite Valley Growers on Speedway and Pantano in Tucson....best selection and care of any plant place here in town....another place that is great for trees is Civano Nursery...they also have a good reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos remind me why I love living in Arizona, although by this time each year....I yearn for cooler temperatures :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!