The groundskeeper, who is very friendly, helped us out with several questions I had. But check out this interview from the Wisconsin Gardener. "We are privately owned and operated by the West Foundation. It's a philanthropy that John and Ruth had set up back in the 1950s. I've been fortunate enough to be here. I help design the gardens, is what I do. And John West's contribution to all of this was his picture taking. There's a slide library that I'm able to refer to. That is where I get a lot of my ideas and enthusiasm as far as putting this garden together."
While you're in the garden, look for all the fun wildlife hiding out on the sidelines.
Look closely at this piece of succulent art. Can you spot the flash of color?
And check out these views! If you like today's post, you may want to check out Gardens at Waters East. It's a fantastic blog with similiar views from the same area....just East:) Hopefully, one of these days I'll have some time to meet up with this fellow blogger. I have a big family back home and so I have limited time for these little adventures:)
And of course, we have a little fun with photography as well. Here, King Tuzigoot goes crazy. Apparently the weather along the lake is right up his alley. Those Arizona summer days can be quite daunting! Hope you enjoyed the tour.
Thank you Jill from Welcome To....
Yesterday I was awarded the Blog on Fire Award which is a cool sounding name especially since I'm coming from the desert:) And the rules state that I must write 8 things unknown about me. Okay, let me try this out.
1. Sometimes I'll blast pop music when I'm home alone and just dance. I don't know where the energy comes from.....
2. I get bored with routines, but if I don't follow them, I get antsy.
3. I'd be a night owl because I like the evenings....especially during monsoon season.
4. Sometimes I dream about space travel. I'd give my life for exploration. I'd love to volunteer on that first Mars mission.
5. I wish I could be a teacher, park ranger, librarian, director of photography and film, and travel guide all at once.
6. If I could time travel, I'd go to Egypt or the age of the dinosaurs.
7. I bite my nails(really bad habit).
8. I crave taco salads.
Hope you have a great day. Thanks for stopping by! More tomorrow....