Sunday, November 8, 2015

Winter Wonderland


The calm magical moments of snow gently falling.


Makes me pause. Inner joy!


Absorb. Wrap my mind around it.  Reflect. 


When chaos happens and balance is lost, I surround myself in these memories. These moments.  And I am whole. 


And it is here in these memories that I restore my faith in people and the world.  Happiness. Centered. At rest. 


The silence of a snowy forested path.  Peaceful bliss.  My personal Xanadu.


Oh gentle snow.  You are as majestic as you are graceful.


May you stay forever in my memory. 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I can imagine the unique silence of falling snow. Hold that thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure poetry, Chris! I am so glad I was there to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and words Chris. I love snow too and the world of magic it can create :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so positive Chris. I hate snow as when it does fall, it mostly stops my birding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome post.... LOVE everything about it.. I have really enjoyed seeing pictures from your very special occasion... So glad that Kathie and family could be there, along with your families and other friends.... AND--to get snow had to be TERRIFIC. That last picture says it all. Congrats AGAIN.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW...the tree in the first photo...... lovely.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snowy photos! Enjoy it but I prefer to look at your photos than be out in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And this is a surprise, snow. Nice that you enjoy it. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture is great - always take time to reflect.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just how I feel when I am outside. I feel like I belong there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post, Chris. Looking at the snow did give me goosebumps. The elk are a great sight to see. Happy birding, enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do look forward to the first real snow! Seems like this is a tad early though. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magical wonderland! Beautiful snowy world... so peaceful. Great photos, Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!