Friday, November 12, 2010

What's a rain chain?

In class the other day, someone brought up some different ideas for collecting rain water.  The word "rain chain" came up and I didn't know what they were talking about so here is what I've found....Pics are not my own on this post and are taken from the rain chains website.

"Rain Chains are a beautiful and functional alternative to traditional closed metal or plastic downspouts. They break the fall of the water, guiding it visibly downward to the ground, into a basin or even a rain barrel for storage. Rain chains sound great!"  http://www.rainchains.com/


Basically they make sound as the water flows down them.  They are kind of like the windchimes of rain:)
I'm trying to figure out where I could put one of these guys down the road.   It's a pretty cool concept and one that is worth the try. Happy gardening!

8 comments:

  1. They look nice. It would be neat to see one in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rohrerbot,
    I love the idea of the rain chain. Never heard of them before, but a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to put some on our canales here at the house, and try them out. Too bad with La Nina, it might not rain for 6 more months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm putting one of these on my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently have visited two places with rain chains. I really want to see them with rain going down them now. Enjoyed this post and my first visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our neighbor recently installed one, but we had no idea the sound was that beautiful. Thanks for the idea and for your recent visit and kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really neat. Thank you for sharing your new knowledge - I want one, too! Kathy, if you buy me a Christmas gift... I'll buy you one, Too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pair of rain chains is a nice addition to the front of the home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!