Monday, September 18, 2017

A Pink Martini

Black-necked Stilts
Craving something sweet, I went shopping at the outdoor market.

Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge
So much eye candy everywhere.

Brewer's Sparrow
And it was cool and breezy!


The nice temps encouraged me to explore more.

Common ground-dove
It was nice to be able to linger around and look at things.

Giant Mesquite Bugs
In fact, the weather was SO nice that I didn't feel like rushing home right away. 

Lark Sparrow
It was hard to remember why I came to the outdoor market in the first place.

Wilson's Warbler
Keep her moving.

Clay-colored Sparrow
I went down the martini aisle.  I mean.....it looked right.


There's nothing better than a pink martini.  But it's all about getting the balance right and choosing a good vodka.

Swaison's Hawk

Most martinis are dry but this one had to be sweet.


As I walked further down the liquor aisle, I spotted my Triple Sec.  Now for the cranberry juice....


One. Two. Three shakes and voila!

Roseate Spoonbills
Pink Martini made.  So glad I went to the market!


Nothing better than a cool pink drink to celebrate the beginning of fall weather. 


The Roseate Spoonbills are rare for the state of Arizona.  For more on the birds discovered on this day in the Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge, click here.  Until next time.....

6 comments:

  1. All pleasant finds for you to go along with a pink martini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spoonbills are fabulous - so similar to our Australian ones. And those mountains!! Wow what a landscape. Looks like a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post - great day out and photos and cause to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bird and landscape pics. Good way to enjoy your day birding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute post, Chris! Loved it! And your photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great photos. The Stilts are a cool looking bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!