Monday, March 30, 2015

Transitions

Common Raven
Life can get crazy. This past week included getting rid of a swarm of bees on our patio, preparing for Micheal's birthday and running errands for various things.  So when do I get to bird?

Willow Lake in Prescott, AZ
Well like everything else, I have to make the time.  One of the hardest decisions that I've had to make recently was letting go of the Presidency at our HOA.  As of the 31st, a huge weight and stress will be lifted from my shoulders.  More precious positive time again!

Evening Grosbeaks in Sunflower, AZ
As for other transitions? Well I also need to get back into shape again.  I've let myself go.  Yes, I hike and exercise, but it's the food!  I love it so much:)  I'm good the entire day until around 4 PM and then I go crazy.  This summer, I will be trekking around Southern Mexico and I need to get my body prepared for the high humidity hikes.


The treks make me laugh.  One week, I'm freezing my butt off on Lake Michigan.  The next weekend I'm down in Mexico birding along the beach.  This past weekend, we headed up north for a little R&R in Prescott, AZ. Talk about crazy weather extremes!

Western Meadowlark at Willow Lake
I think if it wasn't for birding, the friendships/family or my other half, I'd simply go insane.  Life is crazy.  At the beginning of the year, I thought my time out in the field would be cut to a minimum due to the wedding.  However, I've discovered that I can't let that happen. One day versus a whole year?  I just don't get the crazy need for spending thousands upon thousands of dollars for a one day event. Anyhow, I find the time to explore wherever we go now.

White-breasted Nuthatch
And of course, I enjoy the fun ride that goes with the birds. Today's post takes place at Willow Lake with Micheal and Cynthia near Prescott, Arizona.  Everything was blooming.  Allergies were high and so were the warblers!

Micheal, me and Cynthia
I marvel at it all.  From the chilly woods, to the mountain terrain, and so on and so on.  When one birds, life is an everyday adventure.  Until next week friends..... 

Pops feeds the Mallards, Canada Geese and American Black Ducks  Look lower left in pic to see the ABDU.

21 comments:

  1. You're not a person who would be able to just sit at home. Do you love nature, and above all the birds. You will always be there, where you know that they can be and will not be otherwise. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, love the Grosbeaks. They are awesome birds. You seem to be able to find to time to do it all. Wonderful photos! Happy Birding, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that you have given up something soyou can do mmore birding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More birding time- oh yeah! I think we would all be in a better mood if we could find more time to get outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're certainly having and will continue to have an interesting year, with some varied scenery and a range of birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and good to hear you'll soon have more birding time. Sounds like you have a wonderful year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray for less responsibility - i hope the new hoa pres. will do a good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Western Meadowlark is a fantastic looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, it sounds like you are in for more birding. Brilliant photos Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great post and photos Mr. Chris!!! I especially like the Evening Grosbeak and Common Raven photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prescott is one of my favorite places but we haven't visited Willow Lake. It looks wonderful! We have a friend who lives in Dewey. It's been about two years since we were up that way! Loved your beautiful images from there and Sunflower! It was apropos that the birds in the photos (except for the crow) were yellow! Sunflower...yellow. Oh well. Went to Agua Caliente for the first time today. Didn't see much in the way of birding as we were there pretty much early afternoon. There will be other times. I am so anxious to see your photos from Mexico when you go! And a wedding...I didn't know. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! So glad you went out to Agua Caliente Park. It's a strange place. Sometimes birdy and sometimes....just a nice walk. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Love the Meadowlark and the lake.

    I feel that nature has the same effect on me, and thus I have to factor in the time to get out and about as a necessity. I have friends who get up for 5am workout before work... why can't I do the same for summer birding for example?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the meadowlark and the lake. I find time in nature is essential for me being a well balanced happy person too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Meadow Lark Chris, take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with your raven! What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's ALWAYS time for what you want to do - you just have to ditch the stuff that you DON'T want to do!! Just say NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Las Aventuras" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry for the nod! Have a wonderful weekend! Chris

      Delete
  18. Hi There, sounds like you were smart to give up the HOA job... You need as much time as possible to do the things you LOVE ---like birding and getting healthy (for you Mexico trip)...

    No fun --having bees on your patio... Yipes!!!!!

    Great bird pictures. We have the White-breasted Nuthatch birds here all year long... I love to watch them take a peanut from the feeder---and sometimes the peanut is bigger than their little mouths, so it's hard for them to carry.... ha

    Happy Birthday to Michael.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!