Thursday, November 17, 2011

Decay

Today's post is an artsy one.  I took these shots durng our Panama trip, but I saved them for a later time.  The day I took these pics, we were boating on a clear blue ocean.  The sky was an intense turquoise and the ocean a reddy brown.
This photo shoot was one of my favorites as the sun was intense.  Some of the pictures remind me of FKH Photo Journal.  I love Kathy's pics and unique focus on the little details that are all around us.  Many of her pictures center around our core feelings and the past.  This narrative takes place near the area where the Coiba island prison once stood.  Today, as you can see, the concrete pillars of the pier are all that remains to remind us that there once was a prison population here.
Sandwich Terns
These seabirds are cool.  There was a bit of green on them, but I wasn't able to capture that in the shots.  Once of the trickiest things about taking pictures is figuring out which shot is the best one to post!!
I saw a lot of geometric shape with color and nature.  As our boat was approaching shore, I had to think quick or miss the shot.  I don't know why, but I really love these photos. 
There are many places on this Earth that are extremely beautiful.  Coiba Island and her mostly untouched forests will enchant you and take you to another time and space. My personal opinion is that this island will become the next "Galapagos Island" for travelers. 
But for today, while sitting at work, these pics take me back to the beautiful country of Panama. 

9 comments:

  1. Rohrerbot, they may be Forsters Terns ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'entropie naturelle de ce lieu, en fait un sujet photographique très esthétique.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I appreciate your knowledge and time. I know they are out of your area of expertise but you have more expertise than I do on birds....a lot more. But I'm learning a lot from you on this really fun hobby. Thank you for the ID:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked up Tern and Panama....and found the Royal Tern and several other ones. I remember doing my write on birds July on Panama and I had to ask my birding friends for help. The post ended up taking 3 days to write!! But now I know. I would say that this is the hardest thing to do for me. But it's something that is a lot of fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very nice place. I would like to be there. wonderful photos ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, the first two really touched my heart...the wood breaking down juxtaposed against the clear colors is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I was scrolling through this post and looking at those piers thinking what a great adventure it would be to find something like this when my name and blog name jumped off the page at me! Thanks for the shout-out. I can't think of a nicer compliment! I do love those things, piers or whatever they may be. They are so rustique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!!! for all of your wonderful posts and photos! I think you should frame your work and sell it. I know I'd hang your work on my walls!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!