Monday, October 11, 2010

Above the Clouds....

Being trapped in "the City" (aka San Francisco) was fun but sometimes, in my younger years, I liked to escape.  One of the places that is a great place to hike is Mt. Tam which is right over the Golden Gate Bridge.  It's a fun day and a pretty drive to the top.  On this particular day, the clouds still covered the Bay and we actually rose above the clouds.

It's really something special to see.  A lot of people just bypass this place when visiting.....but I highly recommend the stop.  There are redwoods and oh so much more:)  You can see the city and watch the fog creep in from the ocean....very cool spot to see a lot of things.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Rohrerbot, This is certainly a very different view of San Francisco from one that one usually imagines. I can well imagine that many people just do not know of its existence, but what fun to watch the City emerge from your viewpoint above the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredible. I wish I had known about it during my visit last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow those clouds! I usually see them from the airplant window only ;-) Yup looks like a nice place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cool hideout above the clouds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!